Thursday, August 27, 2009

I realize now that there is a lot of waiting

even when you think that you are done waiting there is more waiting to be done. Until they are home safe and sound you wait. first you wait for the homestudy to be done, for the background checks, for the dossier documents, for the BCIS(or whatever moniker they go by these days) then you wait for dossier to arrive in country. wait fot them to be submitted. wait for a date. wait for someone to get back to you about flight schedules. wait another week to travel. then get there and wait a few more days to see them. wait to come home. wait to go back again. wait to finish up all the loose ends. wait to travel home again. and then. THEN! FINALLY! You have what you have been waiting on for so long. You have your children, all of them, your family, your home, your pets, your cars, your LIFE. and you forget all the "labor pains" and waiting.....until the next time. I KNOW there were lots of waiting times when we adopted in the past. but somehow, like labor pains, I just cant seem to remember them. or they just dont seem as excruciating as the waiting is this time. I am sure at the time, it was incredibly difficult to wait. this time we are so much wiser, but yet the waiting is the hardest part.

I can not believe I am about to be a Mama again. Eric is about to be a Daddy again. I taught Ethan to say brother in Russian. so he can tell Ben they are brothers. he really got into that. these kids are SO LOVED and SO WANTED!! but I do not wait well. You would think by now I would have learned how.