Friday, May 29, 2009

it occurs to me(again)

that the state park we go to all summer long does not have a very handicapped accessible beach. My kids are small enough I could probably carry them if necessary but what about those who are older or adults? they would have to drag themselves through the boiling hot sand to get to the beach and then go over a ledge because there is no access for wheelchairs. My kids arent even here yet and I have begun to think in different ways. and I am really becoming aware of how life can be disabling to those who are differently abled. I plan to send a letter to the park in the hopes that they will build an access. I would hate to have to abandon our favorite park and its so close! but if I cant take all my kids I will opt for the pool in a neighboring town.