Wednesday, July 29, 2009

sophie and ben

still here. still waiting. still wondering how I will do all that needs doing for them. I dont know how to train a child to toilet when I dont even speak the same language and they probably cant undo their pants. I dont know how to organise so that doctor appointments and other things do not overlap. I dont know how to parent a child with special needs(other than adhd). I do know how to love them. how to play with them and teach them. I guess all those other things will come in time. no one knows these things going into raising children since what works with one doesnt always work with another so essentially every child is a child with special needs. they are all unique and need to be treated as such, even in ways of teaching and discipline. I wish they were home so I could start learning!